SOFT FROM ALL THE BLOOD Contest Winner! It’s the Wendigo…
(The answer. Not the winner. The Wendigo isn’t the winner. That would be weird…)
Congratulations to Riley “Jerreth” Vandall, the winner of our little trivia contest earlier this week! He receives a copy of S R Jones‘ Soft From All The Blood for guessing that the northern creature in question is, in fact, the Wendigo: everyone’s favourite cannibal spirit!
However, Vandall tripped up on the bonus question. Sure, Algernon Blackwood’s The Wendigo is certainly the most well-known, and seemingly, the first of the macabré tales featuring the beast to be published… but it’s not. It’s not the first.
This means the bonus question (and the mystery prize that goes with it) is still up for grabs! So…
Who was the author of the first published tale of the Wendigo?
Hint #1: publication occurred in the 19th century…
Hint #2: eight years after publication, the author became a president of something…
First correct answer in the comments below wins the mystery bonus prize!
- Open Submissions Call — Monstrous Outlines anthology
- CHTHONIC Authors and ToC Announcement
- Walpurgis Pack Winners
- Get Your Walpurgis On!
- MMP Third Birthday Discount Madness!
- ToC Announced for RESONATOR: New Lovecraftian Tales From Beyond
- Brand New Trio of Book Trailers
- Happy Birthday, H P Lovecraft!
- Too Hot! Too Weird! Too Shubby for Amazon!
- Advance Praise for ‘When The Stars Are Right’ from ‘Book of Cthulhu’ Editor Ross E. Lockhart